Jump to navigation Jump to search
When done correctly, the Lunge will help to stretch the hamstrings and work out quads. Holding the stretch for fifteen seconds will increase effectiveness.
- Start in a karate-like stance, with one leg in front of the other and front shoulder facing forward.
- Squat down a small amount, bending your knees.
- Quickly move your front leg out in front of you and place it so you are almost in a split.
- Lean onto your front knee, placing pressure on it and stretching the back leg.
- Keep your body sideways and make sure your front knee is only at a right angle. Also keep your front foot facing straight and your back foot outwards.