From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
When done correctly, the Lunge will help to stretch the hamstrings and work out quads. Holding the stretch for fifteen seconds will increase effectiveness.
- Start in a karate-like stance, with one leg in front of the other and front shoulder facing forward.
- Squat down a small amount, bending your knees.
- Quickly move your front leg out in front of you and place it so you are almost in a split.
- Lean onto your front knee, placing pressure on it and stretching the back leg.
- Keep your body sideways and make sure your front knee is only at a right angle. Also keep your front foot facing straight and your back foot outwards.