In Mac OS X 10.4 (and most likely all versions of OS X) OpenGL and GLUT are installed with the Xcode/developer tools that came on your Mac OS X installation disc(s).
To use GLUT and OpenGL from within Xcode:
- Open Xcode located in "/Developer/Applications/"
- Choose "New Project" from the file menu
- Choose "Command Line Tool" under the Application template for Mac OS X
- Choose type "C++"
- Enter your desired project name and directory and click create
- In the "Linked Frameworks and Libraries" area click the "+" button, and select "OpenGL.framework"
- Repeat for "GLUT.framework"
When #including OpenGL & GLUT header files (but not the regular ones like iostream) within Xcode, make sure to do so like this:
in other words: