Nursing Study Guide/Care of Haematological Needs
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Care for client with immune impairment
- Isolate client and provide gloves, gown and masks for visitors and health workers to reverse barrier (protect client)
- Prioritize care to minimize disruption to clients environment, clean procedures first.
- Use single room if CRP >15 Pressuruized room if client CRP>60
- Avoid introduced food, gifts and flowers
- Allocate daily cleaning
- Select diet with high lactobacillus and good food safety (eg no icecream because of the bacteria count)
- Eliminate fresh salads and unpeeled fresh fruits or vegetables.
- Deep breathing and coughing to avoid stagnation.
- Provide client with mask for ambulation outside room.
- Observe and protect skin (prevent breakdown)
- Observe fastidious hygiene measures and five moments of hand hygiene.
- Mouth care and disinfectant mouthwash
- Monitor IV site and Consider Central line to prevent peripheral thrombophlebitis.
- Four hourly vital signs.
- Continue until white cell count is in normal range (ANS Absolute Neutrophile count >1500 cells per microliter)
- ICNP diagnosis 10022996 Immunologic Impairment or equivalent