Note Taking/Basic Formatting
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
While there are many ways to take notes, the best ways are the ones you feel most comfortable with. There are however a few formatting ideas that are used by all sort of notes.
- Separate major ideas by a blank line, and more general ideas by a few more lines.
- If you're almost done with a page, and are starting a new unit or section, start on a new page.
- Writing on only one side of a page is a very good idea, but is not required.
- Use abbreviations and symbols to avoid long sentences.
- Write down information in your own words.