From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
Overview of Scientific Books and Magazines that publish nomen novum.
- Annales Botanici Fennici
- Magazine publishing 6 times a year. Scope:terrestrial and aquatic ecology, vegetation science, phytogeography and paleoecology, plant taxonomy, cryptogamic botany, and related subjects. 
- Annales Mycologici
- Applied and Environmental Microbiology
- Applied and Environmental Microbiology publishes a substantial share of the most significant current research in the areas of biotechnology, microbial ecology, food microbiology, and industrial microbiology. Highlighting research findings applicable to the development of new processes or products, AEM is a broad-based journal that is indispensable to those whose basic work has implications of near-term practical benefit. 
- The Bryologist
- Quarterly magazine by the American Bryological and Lichenological Society, Inc. Started in 1898, it is the second oldest botanical journal. 
- Curtis's Botanical Magazine
- Now well over two hundred years old, Curtis's Botanical Magazine is the longest running botanical periodical featuring colour illustrations of plants. Each four-part volume of the Magazine contains 24 botanically precise plant portraits reproduced from watercolour originals by some of the world's leading botanical artists. 
- A monthly record of cryptogamic botany
- Edited by M.C. Cooke
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology (IJSEM), formerly International Journal of Systematic Bacteriology (IJSB), is the official journal of record for novel prokaryotic taxa. The papers deal with all phases of the systematics of prokaryotes, yeasts and yeast-like organisms, including taxonomy, nomenclature, identification, phylogeny, evolution, biodiversity, characterization and culture preservation. Its scope covers phylogenetic and evolutionary aspects of all micro-organisms, including the protists such as protozoa and algae, and it also publishes molecular environmental papers with a strong systematics content. 
- Journal of Clinical Microbiology
- The Journal of Clinical Microbiology publishes the most current research on the microbiological aspects of human and animal infections and infestations, with emphasis on their etiologic agents, diagnosis, and epidemiology. 
- An academic publication providing coverage and analysis of science and math.
- Records of the Australian Museum
- The Records of the Australian Museum (ISSN 0067-1975) publishes the results of research on Australian Museum collections and of studies that relate in other ways to the Museum's mission. There is an emphasis on Australasian, southwest Pacific and Indian Ocean research. The Records are released annually as three issues of one volume. Monographs are published occasionally as Records of the Australian Museum, Supplements. 
- Publishes reports of original research relevant to fungal taxonomy, systematics, evolution, structure, development, ecology, pathology (plants, animals, humans), and biotechnological applications. One volume of the journal, comprising two issues, is published each year. The official journal language is English. 
- World's foremost journal in systematic zoology, publishing more taxonomic papers/monographs each year than any other journal.