Nomenclatural Citations/Manual of style
Structure of this work
As with all wiki projects everyone is invited to contribute. It would be very much appreciated. There are a few rules, though.
- New pages should be deeplinked from the contents page. This is according to Wikibooks policy.
- Genera names, order names, etc. (Names that consist of one word) are made directly under Nomenclatural_Citations/ So when adding the genus Chrysosplenium one would create the page [[Nomenclatural_Citations/Chrysosplenium]].
- Species names are double deep linked. So when adding the species Chrysosplenium alternifolium one would create the page [[Nomenclatural_Citations/Chrysosplenium/alternifolium]]
- When adding a trinomial name (a name with 3 words, to describe subspecies, varieties, or forms) another deeplink is added.
Constructing the page
The page should contain:
- The taxon name (i.e.: Chrysosplenium or Chrysosplenium alternifolium
- The author of the description. (Carolus Linnaeus)
- The place where the description was found. (Species Plantarum 1: 398)
- A link to Wikispecies to give readers an idea where taxons are placed in the taxonomical hierarchy.
- The original description itself.
- Possible interwiki links to other Wikipedia projects.
- Finally, a translation of the original description could be made. Preferably in English, but as of now other languages are accepted as well.
This project uses the following templates: