Nomenclatural Citations/Manual of style
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Structure of this work
As with all wiki projects everyone is invited to contribute. It would be very much appreciated. There are a few rules, though.
- New pages should be deeplinked from the contents page. This is according to Wikibooks policy.
- Genera names, order names, etc. (Names that consist of one word) are made directly under Nomenclatural_Citations/ So when adding the genus Chrysosplenium one would create the page [[Nomenclatural_Citations/Chrysosplenium]].
- Species names are double deep linked. So when adding the species Chrysosplenium alternifolium one would create the page [[Nomenclatural_Citations/Chrysosplenium/alternifolium]]
- When adding a trinomial name (a name with 3 words, to describe subspecies, varieties, or forms) another deeplink is added.
Constructing the page
The page should contain:
- The taxon name (i.e.: Chrysosplenium or Chrysosplenium alternifolium
- The author of the description. (Carolus Linnaeus)
- The place where the description was found. (Species Plantarum 1: 398)
- A link to Wikispecies to give readers an idea where taxons are placed in the taxonomical hierarchy.
- The original description itself.
- Possible interwiki links to other Wikipedia projects.
- Finally, a translation of the original description could be made. Preferably in English, but as of now other languages are accepted as well.
This project uses the following templates: