Movie Making Manual/How to navigate this book
This Module is part of the Movie Making Manual
There are several ways to find your way around this book:
- If you want a fast overview for the entire filmmaking process, look at The Movie Making Manual's Basic Basics.
- Now there are general overviews which briefly explain all the steps for an area.
- For Production, the overview is at Movie Making Manual's Production Overview.
- For Post-Production, the overview is at Movie Making Manual's Post Production Overview. (Hopefully, overviews will be written for the other sections soon.)
- To get started learning filmmaking, look at Movie Making Manual's section on Education.
- You could use the table of contents on the front page. The links on the right in small type are just a selection of the total pages available. The links on the far left (e.g. Funding and budgeting) will take you to a table of contents for that category. These lists-of-pages-within-a-category are automatically produced so they are a little ugly but they do have the advantage that they contain every single page within that category (as compared to the manually-produced front page which only contains a small selection of the complete set of pages)
- Alternatively, you could use the hierarchically organised contents page. By following the links to the sub-categories, you can access every single page in the book.
Please be aware that Wikipedia has a lot of film related information. Useful Wikipedia categories are:
Also be aware that Wikiversity has a section on learning filmmaking which is just getting started. The first course in filmmaking is at: