Marathi language portal/audiance
There are following categories of people who use or study Marathi as second language.
- People having Marathi mother-tongue but studied in English or semi-English medium
- People having Marathi mother-tongue but lost or on the verge of losing touch with Marathi language
- Such people whose family is multilingual in the sense one of the parent or family member is Marathi speaking.
- Such people whose mother-tongue is other than Marathi but studied Marathi language as first or second language.
- Pupils of Marathi speaking non resident Indians
- Pupils of Migrants to non Marathi speaking areas
- Those who want to learn Marathi language as foreign language.
If one informs us on talk page of this article, which of the above background people want to learn Marathi language, then probable we can have more customised support for the given audience.
- The teaching approach
- While the traditional teaching method will be available; We additionally provide here a different approach. Adult education experts say that human beings usually remember words as pictures and not as single alphabet so we support here with randomly displayed Marathi words with pronunciation with few additional tips on the main page itself so every time you visit you learn new word with ease is the target.
- Similarly we are also supporting on this page with learn with pictures feature This helps to understand words with cultural context and again makes easy to understand and remember.
- We will also do an effort to explain words from Marathi songs and rhymes
- We will also try to highlight similarities of Marathi and European words as Indoeuropean languages, also along with Latin and Sanskrit info where available.
- Marathi language has borrowed words also from Arabic, Persian and other geologically neighbouring languages we will make endeavour to explain those words also wherever possible.
- For advance users we will show sentence translations randomly. And also in near future for those who know Hindi already we will try to provide support from Hindi language Wikibooks project.
- Have you understood the concepts and if you have some good ideas you also can join adding up info to this book as you learn.
- For this book we need support also from flash 'Gif' image experts and sound experts
So we hope you will enjoy learning and contributing to knowledge with this book.