Marathi language portal/Learn with pictures/2
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- दिंडी = dinDi; a ritual pilgrmage in Maharashtra.
- पगडी = pagaDi; alternate पागोटे = pAgoTe The pinkish red turban traditional Marathi head gear.
- उपरणे = uparaNe; a cotton maffalar/stroll (many times used like a long cotton napkin)
- कुर्ता = kurtA; a cotton shirt with long slieves
- धोती = dhoti; a traditional cotton attire for men instead of trousers.
- घागर = ghAgar; a water pot (carried on the head by woman in this picture)
- चोळी = choLi; a blouse for women used with the sari a traditional attire
- नऊवारी= na,uvAri; a nine yard cotton sari a traditional attire.
- alternatively लुगडे = lugaDe; sari (in literal sense a cloth woven on loom cloth weaving is one of the oldest tradition in this part of the world.