Marathi language portal/Learn with pictures/1
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- दिंडी = dinDi; a ritual pilgrimage in Maharashtra.
- Note Marathi language does not have small or capital letters, for Roman transliteration when we use small d it pronounced for द as in delhi. When we use capital D pronounced for ड as Doctor as most of D pronunciations in English language.
- पगडी = pagaDi; alternate पागोटे = pAgoTe The pinkish red turban traditional Marathi head gear.
- उपरणे = uparaNe; a cotton maffalar/stroll (many times used like a long cotton napkin)
- कुर्ता = kurtA; a cotton shirt with long sleeves
- Every time a different random picture, Keep coming keep learning!