MagicJack/Support Resources/Requesting Help
Official support is provided via chat by MagicJack. Note that you must click a couple links to get to a page where you will be asked to search for a solution before being given the opportunity to start a chat session. You can search for anything (random characters), and then you will see a link saying "If you are not satisfied with the answer below, click here to chat with a Live Agent Representative."
For more information about MagicJack support and escalation options, see the FAQ answer How can I contact MagicJack?.
Alternative Forums[edit | edit source]
The following forums exist to provide user-to-user support.
- Unofficial MagicJack Support forum.
- DSLR/BBR MagicJack forum.
- deadlink date=25-Aug-2019 Magicjack Hacks forum. (NOTE: This website appears to be down currently. checked January 24,2010)
Help Request Template[edit | edit source]
When requesting help, please be thorough. You will receive better (prompt, accurate) replies if you provide as much of the following information as possible (or you believe relevant).
- Is this a new-user problem? Or, did your it work and begin now doesn't? (How long did it work, and for how long have you had this problem?).
- Have you tried restarting MagicJack? Rebooting your computer too?
- Do you see the USB device's blue light?
- Are you using a telephone connected to the MagicJack device? Or, the softphone with a headset?
- If using a telephone, are you using a USB hub? Powered?
- What type of Internet do you have? (Cable, DSL, Satellite, etc.).
- Do you run a software firewall and/or anti-virus (like Zone-Alarm)?
- Are you using a hardware router? (Brand, model?).
- Are you connecting to your router (or modem) wirelessly, or with a wire?
- Which generation of the MagicJack device are you using? (You can use these photos to identify your device.).
- Computer speed, memory size.
- Which operating system and patch level (Ex. XP SP2)?
- If you are comfortable revealing this, which major city/cities are you near? (This may help identify proxy-specific issues.).
The above information is not applicable to all problems. But, if you provide as much as possible you're likely to receive a fast and thoughtful response. Without any of the above information, requests for help tend to be question/answer dialogues. You'll save everyone time by providing as much as you can.