From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
This book is divided into the following chapters and appendices:
- This chapter introduces the Lua language and gives a brief overview of its purpose and history. It also introduces some programming concepts.
- This chapters provides comprehensive coverage of expressions, operators and types.
- This chapter describes the statements available in Lua.
- This chapter explains the purpose and usage of functions and describes the syntax for function definitions.
- This chapter covers table constructors, metatables, iterators and sorting.
- Standard libraries
- This chapter describes the functionality offered by the standard libraries.
- Appendix: Software testing
- This appendix gives information about testing programs written in Lua.
- This glossary contains accurate definitions of all significant terms used in the book and relevant to the subject.
- This index contains a list of all the topics and functions covered in the book and references to the locations in the book where these topics and functions are described.