Jump to navigation Jump to search
Other Books and Lectures
- Linear Algebra - A free textbook by Prof. Jim Hefferon of St. Michael's College. This wikibook began as a wikified copy of Prof. Hefferon's text. Prof. Hefferon's book may differ from the book here, as both are still under development.
- A Course in Linear Algebra - A free set of video lectures given at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology by Prof. Gilbert Strang. Prof. Strang's book on linear algebra has been a widely influential book and it is referenced many times in this text.
- A First Course in Linear Algebra - A free textbook by Prof. Rob Beezer at the University of Puget Sound, released under GFDL.
- Lecture Notes on Linear Algebra - An online viewable set of lecture notes by Prof. José Figueroa-O’Farrill at the University of Edinburgh.
- Octave a free and open soure application for Numerical Linear Algebra. There is also an Octave Programming Tutorial wikibook under development.
- A toolkit for linear algebra students - An online software resource aimed at helping linear algebra students learn and practice a basic linear algebra procedures, such as Gauss-Jordan reduction, calculating the determinant, or checking for linear independence. This software was produced by Przemyslaw Bogacki in the Department of Mathematics and Statistics at Old Dominion University.
Wikipedia is frequently a great resource that often gives a general non-technical overview of a subject. Wikipedia has many articles on the subject of Linear Algebra. Below are some articles about some of the material in this book.
- Reduced Echelon Form is described in Row echelon form
- Gauss-Jordan Reduction is described in Gauss–Jordan elimination
- Gauss' Method is described in Gaussian elimination
- Many topics in the section Linear Algebra/Linear Geometry of n-Space and its subsections are discussed article Euclidean vector
- Row Equivalence is described in the article Row equivalence