LibreOffice/Writer/Introduction, installation and familiarization with LibreOffice Writer
The Writer is the word processor of LibreOffice. In addition to the usual features a word processor (spelling, thesaurus, hyphenation, automatic correction, find and replace, automatic generation of tables of contents and indexes, mail merge, etc.), Writer has these important features:
- Models and methods,
- Strong style layout including frames,
- Columns and tables,
- Embedded or linked graphics, spreadsheets and other objects,
- Embedded design tools,
- Recording changes in the revisions,
- Integration with databases and database literature,
- Export to PDF, including bookmarks;
and many more features that are covered in detail in the Guide Writer.
The user interface: the main Writer workspace is shown in Figure.The menus and toolbars are described in Chapter 4 (Menus and Toolbars). Other features of the Writer interface are covered in this chapter.