LPI Linux Certification/Troubleshooting Network Issues
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
Candidates should be able to identify and correct common network setup issues, to include knowledge of locations for basic configuration files and commands.
- Key knowledge area(s):
- Location and content of access restriction files as /etc/hosts
- Utilities to configure and manipulate ethernet network interfaces
- Utilities to manage routing tables
- Utilities to list network states.
- Utilities to gain information about the network configuration
- Methods of information about the recognised and used hardware devices
- System initialisation files and their contents (SysV init process)
- The following is a partial list of the used files, terms and utilities:
- /etc/network || /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/
- System log files such as /var/log/syslog &&/var/log/messages
- /etc/hosts.allow && /etc/hosts.deny
- /etc/hostname || /etc/HOSTNAME