LPI Linux Certification/Troubleshooting Bootloaders
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
Candidates should be able to determine specific stage failures and corrective techniques.
- Key knowledge area(s):
- Know the different bootloader install locations on a hard disk or removable device
- Overwriting standard bootloader options or using bootloader shells
- The following is a partial list of the used files, terms and utilities:
- The contents of /boot/ and /boot/grub/
- Operating System Design/Initialization/Bootloader describes the bootloader in detail (of any OS).