LPI Linux Certification/System logging
(LPIC-1 Version 5.0)
Description: Candidates should be able to configure rsyslog. This objective also includes configuring the logging daemon to send log output to a central log server or accept log output as a central log server. Use of the systemd journal subsystem is covered. Also, awareness of syslog and syslog-ng as alternative logging systems is included.
Key Knowledge Areas:
- Basic configuration of rsyslog.
- Understanding of standard facilities, priorities and actions.
- Query the systemd journal.
- Filter systemd journal data by criteria such as date, service or priority.
- Configure persistent systemd journal storage and journal size.
- Delete old systemd journal data.
- Retrieve systemd journal data from a rescue system or file system copy.
- Understand interaction of rsyslog with systemd-journald.
- Configuration of logrotate.
- Awareness of syslog and syslog-ng.
Terms and Utilities: