LPI Linux Certification/Securing data with encryption
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(LPIC-1 Version 5.0)
Description: The candidate should be able to use public key techniques to secure data and communication.
Key Knowledge Areas:
- Perform basic OpenSSH 2 client configuration and usage.
- Understand the role of OpenSSH 2 server host keys.
- Perform basic GnuPG configuration, usage and revocation.
- Use GPG to encrypt, decrypt, sign and verify files.
- Understand SSH port tunnels (including X11 tunnels).
The following is a partial list of the used files, terms and utilities: