LPI Linux Certification/Predict Future Resource Needs
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Detailed Objectives (200.2)
(LPIC-1 Version 4.5)
Description: Candidates should be able to monitor resource usage to predict future resource needs.
Key Knowledge Areas:
- Use monitoring and measurement tools to monitor IT infrastructure usage.
- Predict capacity break point of a configuration
- Observe growth rate of capacity usage
- Graph the trend of capacity usage
- Awareness of monitoring solutions such as Icinga2, Nagios, collectd, MRTG and Cacti
The following is a partial list of the used files, terms and utilities:
- predict growth
- resource exhaustion