LPI Linux Certification/Manage Printers And Printing
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
Candidates should be able to manage print queues and user print jobs using CUPS and the LPD compatibility interface.
- Key knowledge area(s):
- Basic CUPS configuration (for local and remote printers).
- Manage user print queues.
- Troubleshoot general printing problems.
- Add and remove jobs from configured printer queues.
- The following is a partial list of the used files, terms and utilities:
- CUPS configuration files, tools and utilities
- lpd legacy interface (lpr, lprm, lpq)