LPI Linux Certification/Manage Printers And Printing
Candidates should be able to manage print queues and user print jobs using CUPS and the LPD compatibility interface.
- Key knowledge area(s):
- Basic CUPS configuration (for local and remote printers).
- Manage user print queues.
- Troubleshoot general printing problems.
- Add and remove jobs from configured printer queues.
- The following is a partial list of the used files, terms and utilities:
- CUPS configuration files, tools and utilities
- lpd legacy interface (lpr, lprm, lpq)