LPI Linux Certification/Linux as a virtualization guest
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(LPIC-1 Version 5.0)
Candidates should understand the implications of virtualization and cloud computing on a Linux guest system.
Key Knowledge Areas:
- Understand the general concept of virtual machines and containers.
- Understand common elements virtual machines in an IaaS cloud, such as computing instances, block storage and networking.
- Understand unique properties of a Linux system which have to changed when a system is cloned or used as a template.
- Understand how system images are used to deploy virtual machines, cloud instances and containers.
- Understand Linux extensions which integrate Linux with a virtualization product.
- Awareness of cloud-init.
The following is a partial list of the used files, terms and utilities:
- Virtual machine
- Linux container
- Application container
- Guest drivers
- SSH host keys
- D-Bus machine id