LPI Linux Certification/Determine And Configure Hardware Settings
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Description: Candidates should be able to determine and configure fundamental system hardware.
- Key knowledge area(s):
- Enable and disable integrated peripherals.
- Configure systems with or without external peripherals such as keyboards.
- Differentiate between the various types of mass storage devices.
- Set the correct hardware ID for different devices, especially the boot device.
- Know the differences between coldplug and hotplug devices.
- Determine hardware resources for devices.
- Tools and utilities to list various hardware information (e.g. lsusb, lspci, etc.)
- Tools and utilities to manipulate USB devices
- Conceptual understanding of sysfs, udev, hald, dbus
- The following is a partial list of the used files, terms and utilities: