LPI Linux Certification/Customize And Use The Shell Environment
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Candidates should be able to customize shell environments to meet users' needs. Candidates should be able to modify global and user profiles.
- Key knowledge area(s):
- Set environment variables (e.g. PATH) at login or when spawning a new shell.
- Write BASH functions for frequently used sequences of commands.
- Maintain skeleton directories for new user accounts.
- Set command search path with the proper directory.
- The following is a partial list of the used files, terms and utilities: