LPI Linux Certification/Customize And Use The Shell Environment
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
< LPI Linux Certification(Redirected from LPI Linux Certification/Customise & Use The Shell Environment)
Candidates should be able to customize shell environments to meet users' needs. Candidates should be able to modify global and user profiles.
- Key knowledge area(s):
- Set environment variables (e.g. PATH) at login or when spawning a new shell.
- Write BASH functions for frequently used sequences of commands.
- Maintain skeleton directories for new user accounts.
- Set command search path with the proper directory.
- The following is a partial list of the used files, terms and utilities: