LPI Linux Certification/Configure Fundamental BIOS Settings Exercise Results
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- To show the amount of physical RAM available: use free or cat /proc/meminfo | grep MemTotal
- Which are the devices that are sharing an interrupt line? cat /proc/interrupts | more
- How many PCI buses and bridges are there? lspci | wc -l
- Are there any PCI/ISA bridges? lspci | grep 'PCI\|ISA'
- What is the option with lspci to list all the Intel PCI devices? lspci -d 8086:*
- What is the command to set you IDE hard drive in read only mode? hdparm -r1 <device>
- What is the command to turn on/off the disk cache hard drive? hdparm -W1 <device> hdparm -W0 <device>
- What does the setpci utility do? setpci is a utility for querying and configuring PCI devices.
- What would be the command to write a word in register N of a PCI device? setpci -s 12:3.4 N.W=1