LPI Linux Certification/Backup Operations
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Detailed Objective (206.2)[edit | edit source]
(LPIC-2 Version 4.5)
Description: Candidates should be able to use system tools to back up important system data.
Key Knowledge Areas:
- Knowlegde about directories that have to be include in backups.
- Awareness of network backup solutions such as Amanda, Bacula, Bareos and BackupPC.
- Knowledge of the benefits and drawbacks of tapes, CDR, disk or other backup media.
- Perform partial and manual backups.
- Verify the integrity of backup files.
- Partially or fully restore backups.
Terms and Utilities: