International Postage Meter Stamp Catalog/Rwanda
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- In 1962 half of the Belgian territory of Ruanda-Urundi became the nation of Rwanda, the other half becoming the Republic of Burundi.
- Despite the country’s founding in 1962, the earliest meter seen inscribed “RWANDAISE” is from 1972.
- For earlier issues, see “RUANDA-URUNDI”.
- Upright frank with single-line border and inner box for the value figures.
- Meter number without prefix centered below the frank.
- Two meter numbers known: 3 (printed in black) and 6 (printed in red).
- TM: DC
- V/F: ✳00 ✳00(½) ✳00oo
NOTE: The illustration does not show the meter number.
- Similar to Type 1 but the frank is horizontal and is without an inner box around the value figures.
- M# with “H” prefix.
- TM: DC
- V/F: 0000 0.000
3. Secap (MV). [File: MeterCat 5 spaces.jpg|12px]][Appears to be quite rare. Value unknown.]
- Relatively small upright frank with simulated perforation outer border and straight line inner border.
- Inscribed in English "REPUBLIC OF RWANDA" at top and "NATIONAL POST OFFICE" at bottom.
- This is a Post Office stamp.
- TM: SC with town name KACYIRU
- V/F: 0·00
- Very similar to Type 1 but the frank is smaller and with thick value figures.
- Meter number outside frank at bottom center. (Meter number 12 seen.)
- V/F: 000