International Postage Meter Stamp Catalog/Rhodesia & Nyasaland
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Rhodesia & Nyasaland
- The central African areas of Northern Rhodesia, Southern Rhodesia, and Nyasaland were jointly administered by the British as the FEDERATION OF RHODESIA & NYASALAND starting in 1953. The Federation dissolved peacefully ten years later in 1963.
- For issues both before and after the Federation, see MALAWI, ZAMBIA, and ZIMBABWE.
- Upright frank with simulated perforation outer border and straight line inner border.
- “RHODESIA/NYASALAND” in top panel, crown and EIIR in center with value at bottom flanked by M# “N1” up.
- A. “POSTAGE” at both sides
- B. “POSTAGE” at left, “PAID” at right
- TM: DC, BIC
- Values seen: ½, 1, 2, 2½, 3, 4, 4½, 5, 6, 7, 9, 1/-, 2/-
2. Universal “Multi-Value" (MV).
- Upright frank with simulated perforation border.
- “RHODESIA/AND” in curved panel at top, “NYASALAND” in curved panel at bottom.
- Value in center.
- a: Month in letters (JAN, FEB, etc), found with meters U10 and U11 only
- Very similar to Type 2 but wider spacing between TM and frank, and M# with “S” or "SU" prefix.
- TM: DC
- Values: ½ to 1/7 seen
- Upright frank with simulated perforation outer border and straight-line inner border.
- “RHODESIA • NYASALAND” in curved panel at top surrounded by petal design.
- Crown and EIIR at bottom flanked by M# with “RN” prefix.
- TM: DC
- V/F: =0/0=
NOTE: A proof exists with M# “H 01” with the H circled, and another proof exists with “6” instead of “H” at left.
- Upright rectangle with simulated perforation outer border and straight-line inner border.
- “RHODESIA” in panel at top with “AND” below, and “NYASALAND” in panel at bottom.
- M# with “F” prefix centered above bottom panel.
- TM: SC
- V/F: 0/0– 00/0–
- Post Office stamp.
- Wide frame with double straight-line frame broken at top left with serial number and bottom left with date.
- TM at left and frank at right.
- M# “FED. 1” and up.
- V/F: 0/0