International Postage Meter Stamp Catalog/Norfolk Island
- A digital stamp device(s) was installed in the Norfolk Island Post Office in 1997. This is the only meter known used on the Island.
- Point-of-sale data printed on adhesive labels with “Norfolk / POST” and pine tree design preprinted in black, red and green at left.
- At right, under the point-of-sale data, is a negative image of a pine tree against a pale green background.
- Point-of-sale data printed in black: transaction number / date / time and ID# / value figures / “NORFOLK ISLAND”. Bar code vertical at right.
- V/F: $0.00
NOTE: Although dated, these Post Office counter stamps could be taken away and used at any time just like traditional adhesive postage stamps.
2. Hytech (digital).
- Same machine that produced Type 1 but with new label design.
- The underprint at left has an owl in green sitting on a branch above the “Norfolk / POST” logo.
- At right, the underprint shows another image of the owl in gray-green against a paler green background.
- Point-of-sale data printed at right, in purple, without date, time and ID number, with bar code vertical at right.
- V/F: $0.00
NOTE: This stamp is possibly a use-anytime self-service vending machine stamp. If so, it doesn't really belong in this meter stamp catalog.