International Postage Meter Stamp Catalog/Nicaragua
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The first meter stamps appeared in 1939.
- All stamps are inscribed “NICARAGUA”.
- Upright frank with “CORREOS/ NICARAGUA” in cloud-like frame at top and ‘mountain’ coat of arms in frame at bottom.
- With large “¢” in panels at sides.
- Without identification number.
- TM: DC or nil
- V/F: 00
- Small frank without outer frame line inscribed “CORREOS de NICARAGUA” across top of TM and value box.
- Triangular coat of arms between TM and value box.
- "PERM." at lower left outside town mark
- License number with “P.B.” prefix below coat of arms.
- TM: SC
- Values: 0.00
3. Pitney Bowes-GB “5000” (MV).
- Similar to Type 2 but much wider and with head of bull in wreath beneath triangular coat of arms between TM and frank.
- “CORREOS/ REPUBLICA DE’ NICARAGUA” stacked above value box which is open at left and has “A.C.” breaking bottom line.
- License number with “P.B.” prefix.
4. Pitney Bowes-GB “5000” (MV).
- “NICARAGUA” and inner frame line above value figures.
- Coat of arms within double circle.
- Double frame line at left with wavy line field within.
- License number with “PB” prefix between coat of arms and bottom frame line.
- TM: square with rounded corners
- V/F: ≋0.00
5. Pitney Bowes-GB “6300” (MV).
- Similar to Type 4 but the date and value figures are on the same level.
- The coat of arms is smaller, and the inner frame line is below the value figures rather than above.
- License number with “PB” prefix.
- TM: square with rounded corners.
- V/F: ≋0.00
6. Francotyp “Cc” (MV).
- Large coat of arms at right of value figures with country name at top left.
- License number with “F” prefix in lower left corner.
- TM: double squares with rounded corners.
- V/F: ◆00.00
- a. printed in black
7. Satas (MV).
- Small upright frank with single line simulated perforation border.
- "CORREOS" curved below value figures.
- License number at bottom with "C.N." prefix.
- Hour figure between town mark and frank.
- TM: SC
- V/F: 0000 or ★000
8. Pitney Bowes-GB "A900" or "B900” (MV).
- Open design without outer frame lines except at right and bottom.
- "CORREOS DE NICARAGUA" across top, four parallel vertical wavy lines at right.
- License number with "P.B.PERM." prefix at bottom.
- Outline map of country between town mark and value figures.
- TM: DC