International Postage Meter Stamp Catalog/Marshall Islands
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- The Republic of the Marshall Islands, along with the Federated States of Micronesia, were formerly part of the United Nations Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands administered by the United States. Before 1988, meters of the United States were used.
- The earliest meter stamps are dated 1988.
- The single stamp design seen so is inscribed “RMI” (Republic of the Marshall Islands).
- Upright frank with single-line border and panels at top and bottom.
- “RMI POSTAGE” in top panel, “POSTALIA” and “METER”/ (number) in bottom panel.
- Four stars at left of the value figures, unidentified shape, possibly a map of the islands, at right.
- TM: DC
- V/F: 0.00