International Postage Meter Stamp Catalog/Mali Federation
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Mali Federation[edit | edit source]
- The Mali Federation was a union between Senegal and the Sudanese Republic (formerly French Sudan). It was founded on 4 April 1959 as a French Colony and gained independence from France on 20 June 1960. After only two months of independence the Federation collapsed with the two members becoming the independent Republics of Mali and Senegal.
- The first meter was used in 1959. For issues before that date, see FRENCH WEST AFRICA and SUDANESE REPUBLIC. For issues after August 1960 see MALI and SENEGAL.
- All stamps are inscribed “FEDERATION DU MALI".
1. Havas “M” (MV), 1959.
- Wide frank with double line outer frame.
- TM: SL
- V/F: ★000F
- Similar to Type 3 but narrower spacing between the town mark and frank.
- This is a Post Office stamp, printed only on tape never directly to cover.
- M# with "PR" prefix.
- TM: SC
- V/F: 000