International Postage Meter Stamp Catalog/Kyrgyzstan
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The country was a region of the former Soviet Union and became an independent country in 1991.
- The earliest date known for a meter stamp with distinctive Kyrgyzstan inscription is 1997. The one stamp seen is inscribed “КЫРГЫЗ РЕСПУБ” (Kyrgyz Republic).
- Meter stamps with former Soviet Union markings are known used without alteration after independence.
1. Perm (MV).
- Upright octagon with inner box around value figures.
- “ПОЧТА” at top and “ТЫ…” at bottom.
- Country name “КЫРГЫЗ / РЕСПУБ” (Kyrgyz Republic) stacked at sides.
- Date vertical, and value figures stacked.
- TM: SC
- V/F: 000
2. Perm (MV).
- Horizontal rectangle with panels at top and bottom.
- The top panel contains the country name in both Cyrillic and Western alphabets.
- The bottom panel contains “ПОЧТА”.
- Horizontal bottom panel lines are broken by "COM" at top and the meter number at bottom.
- Meter number with "ПП" prefix.
- TM: SC with bars above and below the date
- V/F: 0000