International Postage Meter Stamp Catalog/Burundi
Burundi[edit | edit source]
In 1962 the Belgium-controlled territory of Ruanda-Urundi was granted independence and split into the two new nations of Rwanda and Burundi. The stamps of Burundi all include “BURUNDI” in the frank. For issues before 1962, see “RUANDA-URUNDI”. Pay special attention to Ruanda-Urundi Type 4.
GROUP A: Franks used by private commercial companies[edit | edit source]
- A3. Universal “MultiValue” (MV). [Extremely rare, value unknown]
- Square frank with panels at top, bottom and sides. “BURUNDI” in top panel.
- “FR” (left) and "C" (right) below value figures.
- Meter number with “U” prefix in boxes in lower corners.
- One example reported with indistinct meter number.
- TM: DC
- V/F: 000oo
GROUP PO: Franks generated by meters in Post Offices[edit | edit source]
- PO1. Satas (MV), 1981 or earlier. [Scarce, value unknown]
- Small frank with single line simulated-perforation border open at the sides.
- “REPUBLIQUE/ DU BURUNDI” at top, “POSTES” above meter number at bottom.
- Three examples seen, meter numbers NE 0001, 0002 and 0003.
- TM: SC with "GUICHETS" (PO counter) at bottom
- V/F: 000