International Postage Meter Stamp Catalog/Benin
Originally a part of French West Africa, Dahomey became independent in 1960. In 1975 the country changed its name to Benin. For issues before 1960, see FRENCH WEST AFRICA. The stamps are grouped according to country name in the frank:
- A - DAHOMEY
- B - BENIN
GROUP A: Franks inscribed “REPUBLIQUE DU DAHOMEY”
- “M# with “N” prefix.
- A. “DU” on second line of inscription
- B. “DU” on top line
- TM: straight line stacked below frank
- V/F: 0000
- Post Office stamp. Inscribed “REPUBLIQUE DU/ DAHOMEY”.
- M# with “PR” prefix???.
- TM: SC. Printed on white adhesive tape only
- V/F: ★000
GROUP B: Franks inscribed “BENIN”, “R. P. BENIN” or “REPUBLIQUE DU BENIN”
B1. Satas “R” (MV).
B5. Satas (MV).
- Large frank with straight-line borders complete at sides.
- Inscribed “REPUBLIQUE/ DU BENIN” at top.
- “POSTE” at bottom above M#. M# without prefix.
- a. Unengraved meter number. Solid block below “POSTE”.
B6. Pitney Bowes-GB “A900” series (MV).
- Horizontal frank with simulated perforation border.
- “REPUBLIQUE/ du Benin” at top.
- M# with “PB” prefix.
- TM: DC (only solid, unengraved TM reported)
- V/F: ≋0000