International Postage Meter Stamp Catalog/Belize
When the country gained independence from Great Britain in 1987 the name was changed from British Honduras to Belize. No meter franks seen so far include the country name. The stamps can be identified by “B.H.” (British Honduras), “BELIZE” or “BELIZE CITY” in the town mark.
The first meter was installed in 1967.
GROUP A: Issue of British Honduras
- The frank has wings above the town mark at left and value box at right with coat of arms in the center.
- M# with “P.B.” prefix below coat of arms. Inscribed “POSTAGE” at top of value box.
- TM: SC
- V/F: .00 0.00
- a. Without M# but with "P.B." below coat of arms
GROUP B: Issues of independent Belize
B1. Pitney Bowes-GB “5000” (MV).
B2. Pitney Bowes-GB “6300” (MV).
- Wingspan is shorter covering only the coat of arms and value box.
- Value box with double frame lines at right and bottom and no lines at top and left.
- “POSTAGE” is below the value figures.
- TM: DC