International Postage Meter Stamp Catalog/Andorra
Andorra[edit | edit source]
The stamps are grouped according to the country inscription in the frank:
- A - ANDORRE or PRINCIPAUTE D’ANDORRE (French)
- B - REPUBLIQUE FRANCAISE (French)
- C - PRINCIPAT D’ANDORRA (Spanish)
- PO - Special stamps from Post Office machines
GROUP A: French administration. Frank with ANDORRE or PRINCIPAUTE D’ANDORRE[edit | edit source]
GROUP B: French administration. Frank with REPUBLIQUE FRANCAISE, and town mark containing ANDORRE[edit | edit source]
B2. Havas “T” (MV), 1973.
- M# with “T” or “TW” prefix.
- TM: SC
- V/F: 000 0000
B5. Satas “SL” (MV).
GROUP C: Spanish administration. Frank inscribed "PRINCIPAT D’ANDORRA"[edit | edit source]
C8. Neopost (digital).
- Frank slightly wider than tall.
- “LA POSTE” above value figures.
- M# with “HH” prefix. TM in rectangle.
- V/F: 000,00
GROUP PO: Special stamps from Post Office machines[edit | edit source]
- Types PO1, PO2.1 and PO2.2 are printed on self-adhesive labels with one of the following pre-printed (underprint) designs:
- A. Comet tail (light blue)
- B. Birds in flight with full moon (blue or light blue)
- C. Paper airplanes (light blue and yellow)
- Identification numbers found on Types PO1, PO2.1 and PO2.2 consist of a clerk number (GO1, GO2, etc) and a post office code with "PC" prefix.
PO1. SERCEM (digital).
- See label types listed above.
- The point-of-sale data is printed in red and consists of a square town mark at left and a simulated-perforation upright rectangular frank at right.
- The frank contains “PRINCIPAT/ D’ANDORRA” at top, the value figures, "POSTES", and identification number at bottom.
NOTE: See France Type PO-C6.
PO2.1 Olivetti "PR50" (digital).
- Value figures are fairly heavy and somewhat angular, most notable in the '6' and '9' which have straight appendages.
- The “1” is footed.
- TM: SL at top
NOTE: See France Type PO-D1
PO2.2 Olivetti "PR2" (digital).
- Value figures are fairly heavy like on Type PO2.1 but they are quite rounded, most notable in the '6' and '9' which have curved appendages.
- The “1” has no foot.
- One set of value figures, in Euros.
- V/F: 0,00
NOTE: See France Type PO-D2.
PO3. Epelsa "ET-CB" (digital), July 1992.
- Frameless design on self-adhesive label but much smaller than Types PO1 and 2.
- Label with wavy edges at the sides.
- Gold "PRINCIPAT D / ANDORRA" in center with background of green mountain peaks.
- A. Stamp for use on regular mail, value figures at bottom
- B. Stamp for use on regestered mail, with large registration number at bottom and no value figures
- Small "Correos" preprinted at top left, date added at bottom left.
- V/F: 000PTS
- a. With small machine ID number above date
- Type PO3A closely resembles self-service ATM stamps used in Andorra. The ATM stamps do not have dates.
- Several Andorran Epelsa PO machines used Spanish labels with a different design and inscribed "CORREOS ESPAÑA".