Immigrating to Canada/Application to sponsor and Undertaking (IMM 1344A)
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
< Immigrating to Canada(Redirected from Immigrating to Canada/Application to Sponsor and Undertaking)
- To be filled out by Sponsor
- "proceed with the application for permanent residence": if you do not qualify as a sponsor the PR application will be processed and refused. No fees will be repaid. There is a right of appeal.
- "withdraw your sponsorship": if you do not qualify as a sponsor you will recieve all payments except $75.
(see p. 14 of Sponsor Guide)
- Legally separated: ?live away from wife for a year?
- Annulled marriage: marriage never existed
- Common law: living in the same place for 12 months
- Only need more recent marriage/partnership that does not currently exist
- The record of Landing/confirmation of permanent residence # should be found on the PR card.
- If sponsoring spouse/partner you CANNOT have co-signer
- Not needed if sponsoring dependants who do not have their own dependants.
- Co-signer takes part responsibility. Often can be used to meet financial minimum limit, jointly.
- Cannot be denied based on financial situation