IB Environmental Systems and Societies/Measuring abiotic components of the system
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
2.2 Measuring abiotic components of the system
2.2.1 List the significant abiotic (physical)factors of an ecosystem.
- PH, Temperature, Light intensity, Salinity, Turbidity, Dissolved oxygen
2.2.2 Describe and evaluate methods for measuring at least three abiotic (physical) factors within an ecosystem.
- PH - PH meter
- Temperature - Thermometer (C degrees)
- Dissolved oxygen - Oxygen meter (PPM)
- Light intensity - Light meter (LUX)
- Salinity - Salinity meter (ppt)
- Turbidity - Secchi circle (Visibility)
- marine—salinity, dissolved oxygen, wave action
- freshwater—turbidity, temperature, dissolved oxygen
- terrestrial—temperature,wind speed, particle size, slope, soil moisture, drainage, mineral content.