Summary of The USA and Containment in Asia
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- 1 Case study 1: Korea
- 2 Case study 2: Japan
- 3 Case study 3: Taiwan
- 4 Case study 4: An in-depth study of the USA and containment in Vietnam
- 4.1 How did the United States become involved?
- 4.2 How did President Kennedy widen the conflict?
- 4.3 Why did President Johnson continue the Vietnam War? Was it Johnson's war?
- 4.4 The Great Society and the 'credibility gap'
- 4.5 The Tet Offensive
- 4.6 Did President Nixon achieve 'peace with honour'?
- 4.7 The Paris Peace Talks
- 4.8 Was Vietnam a failure of the American policy of containment? Historians' views
- 4.9 Conclusions on the U.S. policy of containment in Asia