How to Frame a Picture/Creating a frame
- Sanity check measurements
- Make clean cuts, taking care to approach the line.
- Undercut the edge to ensure tight fit on corner.
[Include profile shot of cutout of frame edge]
- Use masking tape to temporarily hold frame in place.
Place the frame over the artwork to check that it's the right shape and size.
- Add glue to edges
- Use band to hold frame in place
- When tightening, check that the frame comes below the middle line of the frame, to ensure a tight edge on the face.
- Check for staples length pushing though the frame, especially for routed edges.
- Glue on the front face