How To Search/Library of Congress
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Library of Congress - (still incomplete)
- Purpose: Make its resources available and useful to the Congress and the American people and to sustain and preserve a universal collection of knowledge and creativity for future generations. 
- Audience: See the Purpose.
- Scope: "The Library of Congress Online Catalog is a database of records representing the vast collection of materials held by the Library. In addition to these records, the Online Catalog provides cross-references, notes, and circulation status, as well as information about Library materials still in the acquisitions stage." 
- Refresh Rate:
- Further Information: The Library of Congress (LOC) online catalog allows for a variety of search types. Boolean operators and search limits are only available when using certain search types.
Search Types[edit | edit source]
This section is not part of most search pages in the How to search wikibook. It is specific to the LOC.
- Author/Creator Browse
- Subject Browse
- Command Keyword - Boolean searches available.
- Call Number Browse
- Series/Uniform Title Browse
- Author/Creator Sorted by Title Browse
Boolean Operators[edit | edit source]
Only available in the Command Keyword type of search.
skunk AND tomato
skunk OR tomato
skunk NOT tomato