Horticulture/Disposing of Garden Wastes
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Disposing of garden wastes is a science all to itself, mostly involving composting.
Deciding what plant materials to compost, what to burn, what to throw out:
- Does the material contain seeds
- Does the material contain disease organisms
- Does the material contain chemicals that might be harmful to compost piles
- Will the material colonize the compost pile
- Will the material break down in the compost pile in a reasonable amount of time
- Plastic pots
- Fence posts, etc.