Healthy eating habits/Healthy Eating with the Australian Guide to Healthy Eating 2013
The Australian Dietary Guidelines Simplified
The new Australian Guide to Healthy Eating was released this year (2013) and there are five major recommendations:
- Achieve and maintain a healthy weight, be physically active, and choose nutritious foods to meet your energy needs;
- Enjoy a wide range of nutritious foods from the five food groups;
- Limit foods high in saturated fat, salt, sugar and alcohol;
- Encourage and support breastfeeding;
- Follow food safety recommendations.
This simplified tool focuses on the first two recommendations and is aimed to help you meet the new Healthy Eating Guidelines for Australian adults.
How many serves should I be having?
Healthy Eating and the 5 Food Groups
Where Can I Get More Information?
You can find more information about healthy eating at the Australian Guide to Healthy Eating website.
- Food Standards Australia and New Zealand. (2010). NUTTAB 2010 Online Searchable Database. Retrieved from http://archive.foodstandards.gov.au/consumerinformation/nuttab2010/nuttab2010onlinesearchabledatabase/onlineversion_code.cfm?&action=default.
- [National Health and Medical Research Council. (2013). Australian Dietary Guidelines Summary. Retrieved 30 October, 2013, from https://www.eatforhealth.gov.au/sites/default/files/files/the_guidelines/n55a_australian_dietary_guidelines_summary_131014.pdf]
3. National Health and Medical Research Council. (2013). Australian Dietary Guidelines Summary. Retrieved 30 October, 2013, from https://www.eatforhealth.gov.au/sites/default/files/files/the_guidelines/n55a_australian_dietary_guidelines_summary_131014.pdf
4. National Health and Medical Research Council. (2013). Healthy Eating for Adults. Retrieved 30 October, 2013, from https://www.eatforhealth.gov.au/sites/default/files/files/the_guidelines/n55g_adult_brochure.pdf.