Handbook of Management Scales/Technology transfer
Technology transfer (alpha = 0.83)[edit | edit source]
Definition[edit | edit source]
The authors use the term technology transfer "to refer to scenarios where firms transfer, share, and/or deploy technology on their partner’s behalf".
Items[edit | edit source]
- We share high-level engineering capability with our partner firm.
- We are willing to transfer technologies to our partner firm.
- Our partner is willing to transfer technologies to us.
- We rely on our partner’s engineering capability.
- Technical support from our partner firm often helps us solve technical problems.
Source[edit | edit source]
- Kotabe et al. (2002): Gaining from Vertical Partnerships: Knowledge Transfer, Relationship Duration, and Supplier Performance Improvement in the U.S. and Japanese Automotive Industries. Strategic Management Journal, Vol. 24, No. 4, pp. 293–316
Comments[edit | edit source]
The authors remarked that the last item is potentially ambiguous. The directions of willingness do not necessarily relate to each other (e.g., compare item 2 to item 3).