Handbook of Management Scales/Supplication
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Supplication (alpha = 0.86)[edit | edit source]
Items[edit | edit source]
- Act like you know less than you do so people will help you out.
- Try to gain assistance or sympathy from people by appearing needy in some area.
- Pretend not to understand something to gain someone's help.
- Act like you need assistance so people will help you out.
- Pretend to know less than you do so you can avoid an unpleasant assignment.
Source[edit | edit source]
- Bolino/Turnley (1999): Measuring Impression Management in Organizations: A Scale Development Based on the Jones and Pittman Taxonomy. Organizational Research Methods, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 187-206.