Handbook of Management Scales/Supervisee trust
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Supervisee trust (alpha = 0.88/0.87)
- My supervisor and I have a sharing relationship; we freely share our ideas, feelings, and hopes about the work we do.
- I can freely talk to him/her about difficulties I am having at work and know that he/she wants to listen.
- If I share my problems with my supervisor, I know he/she would respond constructively and caringly.
- We both would feel a sense of loss if we could no longer work together.
- I would have to say, my supervisor and I have made considerable emotional investments in our working relationship.
- Atuahene-Gima/Li (2002): When does trust matter? Antecedents and contingent effects of supervisee trust on performance in selling new products in China and the United States. Journal of Marketing, Vol. 66, No. 3, pp. 61-81. Previously used by McAllister (1995).