Handbook of Management Scales/Strategic purchasing
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Strategic purchasing (alpha = 0.8240)
- The purchasing function has a formally written long-range plan. (e.g., a 5–10 year plan).
- Purchasing’s long-range plan is reviewed and adjusted to match changes in the company’s strategic plans on a regular basis.
- Purchasing’s long-range plan includes the various types of relationships to be established with suppliers.
- Carr/Pearson (1999): Strategically managed buyer–supplier relationships and performance outcomes. Journal of Operations Management, Vol. 17, No. 5, pp. 497-519.
Strategic purchasing (alpha = 0.82)
The authors identify key constructs related to supply chain management. Based on a systematic instrument develop process, they develop a set of reliable, valid, and unidimensional measurement scales.
- Purchasing is included in the firm’s strategic planning process. (0.78)
- The purchasing function has a good knowledge of the firm’s strategic goals. (0.69)
- Purchasing performance is measured in terms of its contributions to the firm’s success. (0.63)
- Purchasing professionals’ development focuses on elements of the competitive strategy. (0.64)
- Purchasing department plays an integrative role in the purchasing function. (0.47)