Handbook of Management Scales/Opportunity Recognition
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Opportunity Recognition (alpha = 0.87)[edit | edit source]
Definition[edit | edit source]
Opportunity recognition is characterized by being alert to potential business opportunities, actively searching for them, and gathering information about new ideas on products and services.
Items[edit | edit source]
- I am always alert to business opportunities
- I research potential markets to identify business opportunities
- I search systematically for business opportunities
- I look for information about new ideas on products or services
- I regularly scan the environment for business opportunities
Source[edit | edit source]
- Kuckertz, Andreas / Kollmann, Tobias / Krell, Patrick / Stöckmann, Christoph (2017): Understanding, differentiating, and measuring opportunity recognition and opportunity exploitation. International Journal of Entrepreneurial Behavior & Research, Vol. 23, No. 1, pp. 78-97.