Handbook of Management Scales/Ingratiation
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ingratiation (alpha = 0.83)
- Compliment your colleagues so they will see you as likeable.
- Take an interest in your colleagues’ personal lives to show them that you are friendly.
- Praise your colleagues for their accomplishments so they will consider you a nice person.
- Do personal favors for your colleagues to show them that you are friendly.
- Bolino/Turnley (1999): Measuring Impression Management in Organizations: A Scale Development Based on the Jones and Pittman Taxonomy. Organizational Research Methods, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 187-206.